This common grant application form was developed as a program planning tool by the Connecticut Council for Philanthropy and an advisory committee of foundation and nonprofit professionals working to simplify the grantseeking process. It is for use solely by Connecticut nonprofit organizations.
In using this form, please keep in mind that every grantmaker has different guidelines and priorities, as well as different deadlines and timetables. Note also that any funder who accepts this form may request additional information at any stage in the proposal process.
- Do your research to determine the foundations and corporations that make grants to your type of organization, the geographic area in which you function and your field of interest.
- Call or write to each grantmaker to obtain specific guidelines for application. Do not submit this application without this contact.
- Include a cover letter with each application to introduce your organization and your proposal.
- Type and single-space all proposals.
- Answer all the questions in the order listed and the space provided.
- Use the headings, subheadings, and numbers provided.
- Check with funders about the number of copies required.
- Please do not send audio or video tapes.
Connecticut Grantmakers Online: www.CTphilanthropy.org
Foundation Center: www.foundationcenter.org
Foundation Center’s Cooperating Collections Network: Greenwich Library, Hartford Public Library, Middletown’s Russell Library, New Haven Free Public Library, Public Library of New London, Ridgefield Library, Westport Public Library.